Sunday, January 08, 2006

Kroq-Gar Army Fluff

This is for my 2150 Tournament Kroq-gar list:

The first sign of the attack was the man beside me dropping to his knees. A poison dart protruded from his neck. He lied on the ground gasping for breath.

The other pike men around me panicked and began running through the thick jungle. I climbed the nearest tree.

From my vantage point I could see the lizard men riding their terrible beasts. The sunlight gleamed off their metal armor. If I didn’t know better I say it was gold.

I watched in horror as these unholy knights ran down some of brethren. Screams from all of the area below me caused me to plug my ears, but I could not take my eyes from the carnage.

A gunner raised his rifle and blasted a huge bird-like create in the sky. It plummeted to the earth the same time as two massive spears pierced the gunner through the chest.

One of the sergeants had rallied the swordsmen and they were making a good stand. They had cut down one of the smaller Lizardmen units and were now blood raged and running towards another.

They stopped suddenly and some began to turn. Through the forest wall had burst and enormous beast ridden by what could only be their king. The beast roared and several men died of what must have been fright.

In a few moments it was all over. Only I survived, hidden in the tree. I dared not move and sat their motionless for hours. I started to make my way down the tree, but stopped as something in front of me moved.

Actually it blinked. One of the savages had been in front of me the whole time, blended perfectly into its surroundings. Two darts hit my chest and I began to fall. My laughter stopped when hit the canopy floor.

2 comments:

The Black Knight said...

So you're a novelist now? Hey check with GW about some free-lance work! :)

I joke, I joke, looks solid, and hits home a bit with my current project being a human army fighting in the jungle with pikes...I don't like the sound of what happens to them!

Spanky_100 said...

You too funny...and yeah, Empire sucks in general!