Wednesday, September 14, 2005

But forgot...

The damn mold release. Also need plastic measuring cups (else the catty won't work properly).

I'm thinking that there are some amazing things that I can do with this resin. This product supports pouring in multiple layers (so items can be embedded). My dream of leaping ripper swarms which are suspended in mid air looks very doable.

I also wanna to try a big "splash" using a specially designed mold. It's gonna take some serious forethought (and patience to make this one work).

Looking forward to the challenge.

I did bomb the model in the crystal clear krylon, however it's not very wet looking. I'll likely have to go back and add some paint on gloss varnish OR go for the super glossy krylon. Maybe another trip to Michael's if I can convince my lovely wife.

No comments: